The NAEO’s primary objective will be to raise the profile and status of exams officers within the education sector.
The DfE, Ofqual and JCQ have already been made aware of the launch of the NAEO, and that it will send representatives to attend relevant meetings to represent the views of the exams officer community. The NAEO will ensure that stakeholders are able to share accurate and up-to-date information with its members.
An annual survey will be conducted to highlight areas of strength within the system and those in need of improvement. The NAEO will focus on supporting continuous improvement and will work tirelessly until change is achieved.
" Raise the profile and status of exams officers and the exams officer community "
Personal support and advice
Member benefits include:
- Employment rights/legal advice – access to general advice via articles and information contained within the organisation’s website, and support from legal experts in the event of issues at centre level. The NAEO will provide up to £1000 of legal support for each member per academic year
- Personal and professional development – providing access to personal and professional development opportunities, including promotion and endorsement of the Exams Officer Digital Accreditation
- Articles – detailing good practice and developing key skills required in the role, and to promote personal and professional development
- Mindfulness and well-being – a dedicated section on techniques, advice and guidance on improving mindfulness and mental health
- Annual summer conference – exclusive access for members-only
- Reward and awards programme – including a monthly member prize draw and the annual Exams Officer of the Year award
- Job descriptions – up-to-date job description templates for exams officers and invigilators - To follow
- Interview support – good practice, advice and techniques for centres wanting to appoint an exams officer and for those wanting to be appointed to the role - To follow
- Vacancies section – access to opportunities for career growth and progression
- Offers and discounts from partner organisations
" Promoting the exams officer role and providing access to professional development "
Another key objective for the NAEO is to promote the professional development of its members and to deliver professional standards which serve as a set of practices, ethics, and behaviours to which all exams officers should adhere. Such standards help to achieve our aim of raising the profile and status of the profession.
The NAEO supported The Exams Office in the launch of their Exams Officer Digital Accreditation (EODA). This qualification is recognised and accredited by the NAEO.
The NAEO delivers the National Exams Officer Summer Conference. Although this is supported – financially and with staff resource – by The Exams Office, the NAEO utilises this annual event to promote professional development, and celebrate and recognise achievement across its membership.