What we do
The National Association of Examinations Officers (NAEO), Community Interest Company (CIC), is a professional membership body for examinations officers working in the United Kingdom.
The NAEO’s objectives are to:
- Promote the advancement of the examinations officer community
- Provide professional development opportunities for its members
- Highlight good practice and professional excellence
- Provide representation at national level for its members and the wider examinations officer community
- Facilitate and encourage networking, peer-to-peer support and the development of communities of practice
- Provide advice and guidance for its members
" A professional membership body for examinations officers working in the United Kingdom "
Structure and governance
The NAEO is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company (CIC) Limited by Guarantee. A CIC is a special type of limited company which exists to benefit the community rather than private shareholders. Further information about CICs can be found here.
The NAEO will be led by its directors and its members. The directorship will include staff from The Exams Office and members of the wider exams officer community. Over the coming years, we will look to increasingly involve serving exams officers and representatives from a wider group of stakeholders to inform decision making and to support the day-to-day running of the NAEO.
" A not-for-profit Community Interest Company "