The NAEO will be launching an online, skills based CPD programme.
This will include training and assessment modules, accredited by the NAEO, which help exams officers develop their core skills and undertake the role in a more effective and efficient manner. We are also looking to partner an establish online training provider to offer CPD and training which is relevant to the exams officer community.
We intend to cover areas including:
- Developing your interpersonal skills/communicating effectively with colleagues
- Time management
- Organisational skills
- People management
- Handling difficult conversations
- Improving your planning skills
- Delivering engaging presentations
- Problem solving/conflict resolution
- Negotiation skills
- Decision making
- Improving your core administrative skills
More details will be provided during the 2023/2024 academic year.
Exams Officer Digital Accreditation (EODA)
As part of our collaboration with The Exams Office, the NAEO supported the launch of the Exams Officer Digital Accreditation (EODA).
The NAEO logo has been added to all online EODA certificates which are available to exams officers upon successfully completion.
The Exams Officer Digital Accreditation (EODA) has been designed to support exams office staff in confirming their knowledge and understanding of exam regulations
By successfully completing the EODA on an annual basis, an exams officer will be confirming to senior leaders within their centre, and key stakeholders such as the JCQ and their awarding bodies, that they are aware of the key regulations associated with the management, administration and conducting of examinations. This is a key element of qualifying an individual to undertake the role of exams officer within a centre
There are also aspects of the role which are centre specific and cannot be assessed by an online timed assessment. Therefore, the use of the term ‘accreditation’ rather than ‘qualification’ is more appropriate, as this assessment:
- recognises an individual as being qualified to perform the functions relating to the exams officer role as defined by the JCQ, the awarding bodies and Ofqual
- raises the status of the role within the education sector
- supports heads of centre in ensuring that the integrity and security of examinations is maintained within their centres
The NAEO encourages all its members to complete the EODA and to share this as a core element of their professional development during an annual appraisal with their line manager